follow us on google+ follow us feedburner

FORUM

how to update EasyPhp without overwriting apache configuration file

Posted by: peterbr1980
March 06, 2014 07:52PM
Hello every time I update EasyPHP my apache configuration file and my database gets overwritten.
Is there a other way to update and to keep all previous setting?
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ALF
March 07, 2014 02:58PM
how to update EasyPhp without overwriting apache configuration file

Posted by: ALF

Date: 03/07/2014 02:57PM
Posted by: Louis
March 25, 2014 01:44AM
This is the most unresponsive forum I have ever run across. All people are looking for is an easy way to upgrade without having to start all over. Will someone who knows, please give some insight? Why have a forum if all that happens is people are ignored?
Posted by: dreadnaut
March 25, 2014 01:56PM
> This is the most unresponsive forum I have ever run across.

You are exactly right. Answers from the developers are rare and laconic.

Upgrading: no, there is no *easy* path. Export your databases and backup your current configuration save in <easyPHP-dir>\binaries\conf_files. Uninstall the old version and install the new one.

Then grab a decent diff tool (vim/windiff/kdiff) and merge your old configuration files with the new one.

EasyPHP will then parse the files in conf_files and create the main configuration files in the various directories. Reimport your databases and you should be up and running again.

Yes, it's not a good system: it's clunky, error prone and pollutes 'Program Files' with user data. I have pointed out this a few times, without ever getting an answer. Eventually I automated most of the process on my development machine, since a better solution (and forum, and community behaviour) can only come from the developers
Posted by: Theodore
November 03, 2014 07:58AM
I want to start easyPHP when windowS 7 starts. so what can I do. Please I need your help.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.