follow us on google+ follow us feedburner

FORUM

Installing EasyPHP on Dual Boot System

Posted by: Joe Reynolds
August 29, 2013 12:01AM
I have a dual-boot laptop with 64-bit Vista and 32-bit XP. I installed EasyPHP in order to install WordPress on my hard drive. I installed it on the Vista partition (works great!), and wanted to install it also on the XP partition, but I wanted to be able to share the same localhost folder between both OSs, so I wouldn't have to duplicate all of the WP data in 2 locations. Vista is using drive C as boot drive, and XP is using D:. I was hesitant to install it in XP using the existing folder that Vista was using, so I just tried launching EasyPHP in XP, without doing an install. To my surprise, Apache and MySQL started up fine, and I was able to access my WP sites from XP without re-installing.

However, access to the localhost WP files is extremely slow. Is this because I should have installed EasyPHP from Vista and from XP also? If so, is there a way to install it in XP and have it share the localhost folder created by the Vista install?

Thanks,

joe
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Víctor
August 29, 2013 01:33AM
Deseo iniciar con la creación de un website personal y me han comentado que con esta herramienta es fácil su diseño.
Posted by: Carl Reynolds
August 29, 2013 08:58PM
Yes, Victor, This is a very easy tool to use if you want to write WordPress websites from your local computer, without using an online host.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.