follow us on google+ follow us feedburner

FORUM

Browsing to site on remote computer after installing

Posted by: Mike Z
April 24, 2013 05:27PM
So I installed EasyPHP, along with the virtual host and Joomla plug ins. Locally most things work fine, but I am not sure how I set it up to work on other machines in my network.

On Local webserver
When I browse to the virtual host I made [joomla] it works
I can browse to 127.0.0.1/home to the easyPHP administration page
When I browse to 127.0.0.1 I got a forbidden 403 message
On another machine on the LAN
When I browse to its IP 192.168.1.25/joomla it gives me a 403 forbidden error
Also when I try on the local machine to browse to 127.0.0.1 I get the same forbidden message
I cant even browse to 192.168.1.25/home

I know this is probably a simple question but what am I doing wrong? it seems like I need to change permissions somewhere for viewing of the websites..
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mike Z
April 24, 2013 06:40PM
Okay so I figured out the permissions

Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Require all granted

and I can browse from the lan now, I want to setup joomla as a virtual host so I can browse to joomla.mydomain.com. I can setup the port forwarding in the router and DNS and everything but am unsure what the virtual host has to be. So for example on my local lan how would I browse to a virtual host?
Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.