follow us on google+ follow us feedburner

FORUM
We will close this forum soon. Please, now use Stack Overflow. Don't forget to add the tag "easyphp" to your post.

You can follow your activity on Stack Overflow with the Stack Exchange Android App. An iPhone version is coming...

One more thing. EasyPHP is on GitHub. You will find the repositories at this address : https://github.com/easyphp. If you want to report a bug, please use the GitHub issue management system of each repository.

Timeout to mysql

Posted by: C RG
March 24, 2013 03:28PM
I run a website database where secretaries can access members of a group of organisations.

I find that some secretaries will do other work whilst the database is open, with the result that it times out.

Then, when they try to do something with the database, the error system ticks in and as administrator I get error messages.

Is there any easy way that I can build in a timeout so that any attempt to access the mysql database after the timeout is prevented and they are required to log in again?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Russell
March 25, 2013 04:40AM
Here's one way to do it.

You'd could use javascript (setTimeout) on the load event (window.onload), set the timeout duration appropriately then set the callback for setTimeout to redirect the current page to a login page (window.location).

If you lookup the bits in brackets - you should be able to write the code within a few minutes...
Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.