follow us on google+ follow us feedburner

FORUM

Windows 8 isn't working

Posted by: Screened
March 17, 2013 08:38PM
I posted earlier that I was having an issued with windows 8. It was deleted. I am suspicious about this code - I believe that it has malware attached.

1. Windows 8 doesn't appear to be compatible (forums didn't resolve problem)
2. Uninstall wasn't appropriately implemented (signs of suspicious design)
3. Legitimate questions disappeared.
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Schwpz
March 18, 2013 11:04AM
I have been using this program for about a decade or so and never encountered any problems with maleware or similar. Sure you downloaded the program straight from the site and not from some dubious second party website?

1. The problems lies between Internet Explorer 10 (default browser on Windows 8) and Apache.
Try closing all explorer windows and running EasyPHP on a different browser, like FireFox or Chrome.

2. I have both installed and uninstalled myself several times the latest version of EasyPHP having experienced the same difficulties with Windows 8 as yourself (took a while before I found out about the browser), and had no problems uninstalling the program properly. I did however have similar experiences like the one you write about with other programs when I used certain antivirus programs, as some of them have the habit of bugging in when installing and uninstalling stuff.

Have a great day! :)
Posted by: Russell
March 18, 2013 04:12PM
To fix the problem highlighted by Schwpz of IE10 not loading pages (it can also happen in Win7 with IE9), there's a post on the forum that links to a fix. Basically you have to upgrade apache as 2.4.2 has a bug in it.

[www.easyphp.org]

Screened (or Drew as you were earlier?), I responded to your post but that was deleted too. Basically I said you need to give us more information. What have you tried and what are the errors? What browser were you using (hinting at the issue Schwpz has highlighted) and have you checked in the Resource Monitor's Listening ports tab for apache, is it set to the port you expect?

I have seen a few times that editing the httpd.conf in conf_files doesn't get replicated to the apache/conf directory (not sure why as I've also seen it work - intermittent bugs are the worst to fix). If you change the httpd.conf file and restart apache but the port being used doesn't change then you might have to manually copy the file from conf_files to apache/conf.

I think the original posts probably got deleted as they looked like you were just ranting and hating on EasyPHP. I can understand that, its probably frustrating if you can't uninstall something that you can't get to work. Although you have to understand these guys are giving their time for free.
Posted by: _Thierry_
March 18, 2013 04:22PM
> I have seen a few times that editing the httpd.conf in conf_files doesn't get > replicated to the apache/conf directory

Probably due to UAC "feature". Check your "VirtualStore" folder, you may found your apache conf file.
Posted by: Russell
March 18, 2013 04:48PM
Yes - that is it.

I'm guessing the times it worked I've used an editor that's been running with elevated privileges. Thanks Thierry!
Posted by: imadalin
March 19, 2013 07:47AM
I'm using Windows 8 Pro and I always run EasyPHP as Administrator (right click it's shortcut and select run as Administrator).

Internet explorer doesn't loads for [127.0.0.1] , only [localhost]
All other browsers, no issues.

I'm using Vhost module to separate projects, running EasyPHP as Administrator is mandatory to create/delete new hosts.

Same things apply to Windows 7 too.

A final tip if you want Apache on port 80: make sure you run EasyPHP before any Windows 8 app after a fresh start/restart (most Windows 8 apps use WWAHost.exe, a service that starts on port 80 if it's free).
Posted by: Andrea
March 21, 2013 11:27AM
easyphp can't work in windows 8
Posted by: Mike D
March 22, 2013 12:46PM
I had the same problem. Couldn't get anything to come up with using either 127 or local host.
Uninstall and reinstall directly on the C: drive or whatever the root is of your drive and it will work like a champ.
Hope this helps.
Posted by: atch
March 24, 2013 03:43PM
Hello,

EasyPHP works only if it's executed as administrator.

(right click on the icon and "Execute as administrator".
Posted by: guillex
April 08, 2013 03:16PM
Mike D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had the same problem. Couldn't get anything to
> come up with using either 127 or local host.
> Uninstall and reinstall directly on the C: drive
> or whatever the root is of your drive and it will
> work like a champ.
> Hope this helps.

Thanks you very much this was working perfectly for me after 2 day of serching on the internet :)
Posted by: Norv
April 10, 2013 06:29PM
Agreed. I too had problem accessing Administraion and Local Web. Having program run as Administrator solved the problem.
Posted by: Shad0w
April 11, 2013 05:57PM
[RESOLVED]I find the probleme ! After many time the last version doesn't work at 100% on windows 8 BUT the best version that WORK! is EasyPHP 5.3.6.0 it's work on everywhere windows XP , Seven , and 8.

I have probleme with phpmyadmin and with the old version it's work !

I Hope i ll help you !(sorry for my english)

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.