follow us on google+ follow us feedburner

FORUM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog InPrint View

How to create relations betwenn the tables of my database?

Posted by: Adam Brave
February 14, 2013 12:47PM
Hi,

How can I make the connections between the tables of my database?

Regards,
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Trebly
February 14, 2013 02:17PM
Hi,

This is basics of SQL language which submit commands to Mysql database server.

There is no direct relation with Easyphp, only that Easyphp Wamp contains Mysql and the Database direct User Interface Php My Admin (PhpMyAdmin or too named PMA) which is written in php.

PMA don't offers direct way nor help to create relations but it offers too ways to submit SQL requests :

1- the SQL tab which allows to submit SQL request that you redact directly or copy-paste from anyway. When there are error Mysql report is displayed and you can go to Mysql help

2- The "Import" tab which allows you to submit SQL requests that are already contained into files (generally named *.sql)

So, go to Mysql SQL syntax documentation and you will find how to redact request to set relations. It is a reference manual.
Then, You will need farther to find in various forum and other developers sites examples to make test and understand how to do with practical cases.

It is not the purpose of EasyPhp forum to threat of the direct use of his components. It have only as object to discuss about installation and run enhancement or problems met by users in using Easyphp as tools to install and make run well together Apache, Php, Mysql, PhpMyAdmin and all their options.

Best regards,

Trebly
Posted by: Russell
February 14, 2013 07:46PM
You want to lookup Foreign Keys (http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-enforcing-foreign-keys.html)

Go to: Message ListSearchLog In
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.