follow us on google+ follow us feedburner

FORUM

Trying to install MSSQL drivers with EasyPHP 12

Posted by: ind
February 01, 2013 09:15AM
I want to access Microsoft SQL database through EasyPHP on my laptop and can't make it work. I describe the process below with links and screenshots.

Recently I formatted my laptop and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit, EasyPHP 12.1 (upgraded PHP to version 5.4.6), Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and the SQL Native Client Interface 64bit version as specified in the requirements on Microsoft's website.

I have downloaded the Microsoft SQL drivers for PHP, a file SQLSRV30.exe taken from here: [www.microsoft.com]

and copied files php_pdo_sqlsrv_54_ts.dll and php_sqlsrv_54_ts.dll to ext folder.

[postimage.org]

Also added entries to php.ini

[postimage.org]

I am using the thread safe version according to the snapshot file of EasyPHP, it says Build: C:\php-sdk\php54dev\vc9\x86\obj\Release_TS

Well phpinfo() does not show any support for Microsoft SQL Server! I have done this before and I know that it works. For some reason I can't find any guidance on the web concerning EasyPHP so I am asking this forum. Can anyone help me out here, am I missing something from php.ini or somewhere else?

Thanks

PS: Just to add some more info, I have tried this before by following a similar procedure described here for Window's IIS and it has worked:
[stackoverflow.com]
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ind
February 01, 2013 10:22AM
Eventually I found the problem! I was modifying the wrong php.ini file!

A search for php.ini in C:\Program files(86)\EasyPHP-12.1 revealed 4 files! I decided to change the value of html_errors from On to Off in all of them just to see the effect in the output of php_info(). By trial and error I found that the correct php.ini to change is

C:\Program files(86)\EasyPHP-12.1\apache\php.ini

in there a line says

extension_dir = "C:\PROGRA~2\EASYPH~1.1\\php\php546x130128105026\ext\"

so then I realised Apache's php.ini is fetching the DLL files from an outside folder, while I was modifying a different php.ini in directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-12.1\php\php546x130128105026

which contains the ext folder! Well I was doing it wrong. I kept the two DLL files in that ext folder and added these two lines in Apache's php.ini

extension=php_sqlsrv_54_ts.dll
extension=php_pdo_sqlsrv_54_ts.dll

so now EasyPHP can talk to Microsoft's SQL server as shown in the php_info() output.

[postimage.org]
Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.