follow us on google+ follow us feedburner

FORUM

Function_exists slowness problem and Windows8

Posted by: aobradors
January 29, 2013 09:23AM
Hello, I need your help.

I have a new computer with Windows8 64, Core i7, 8GB of ram. I installed the latest version easyphp-12.1. Before I had a WindowsXP, Pentium 5, 2Gb of ram with EasyPHP-5.3.5.0 without any problem.

In the web project, I have a php file with about 110 functions and every function has a "function_exists" to avoid duplicate reporting errors. I use this file in different web pages with an "include".

When I open a php page with a browser that has the file include the functions, the page loads very slowly, sometimes giving error "fatal error maximum execution time of 30".
The pages that do not carry the functions include the file, load properly.

I've proven easyphp different versions, and all have the same problem.
I disabled the firewall, antivirus, changed the existing "host" and given administrative rights, and the problem persists.

How I can configure the environment easyphp to work well?

Thank you very much.
Options: ReplyQuote
January 29, 2013 03:02PM
A small example of the function declaration:

if (!function_exists("generacontrasenya")) {
function generacontrasenya($cLongitud) {
$cAleatori=substr(md5(uniqid(rand(), true)),0,$cLongitud);
return $cAleatori;
}
}
if (!function_exists("dataavui")) {
function dataavui() {
return date("d/m/Y");
}
}
Posted by: _Thierry_
January 29, 2013 05:03PM
You may have thes problem if many extensions activated, so many declared. You probably do not need to check your function is already declared. To avoid name conflicts prefix your functions with your module name (my_module_my_function), and / or use include_once.
January 29, 2013 10:44PM
Do not know much you mean.

I have many websites published on websites of different internet providers and never had any problems. I can not rewrite the php coding my pages just because they work correctly on a 64bit Windows8.

It was now with Windows 8, which has left the problem of slow when processing web page. Before with WindowsXP or Windows7 32-bit, no past.

After performing various tests, it seems that the problem is when you serve a lot of calls to the function "function_exists". When on the same pages to remove the include php file which has the functions, the page loads correctly.

Any suggestions?

Note: I installed wampserver with the latest version, and also gives the same problem.

I hope your news pleasantly.
greetings
January 30, 2013 08:02PM
Hi, after testing, it seems the problem is not "function_exists", why does the same to other websites.

It seems that there is something wrong with apache / php / mysql and windows8x64 makes very slow going because the same sites with the same apache / php / mysql with windows7, working properly, very fast.

Any suggestions?

thanks
Posted by: Russell
February 08, 2013 12:08PM
See [www.easyphp.org]. There's a link in that post that shows you how to upgrade apache to 2.4.3 It sorts out the IE freezes and seems to run a bit quicker.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.